Fernando Alonso said after the Grand Prix in Bahrain, that he was very angry with the way Mercedes´ Nico Rosberg behaved on the track during the race on Sunday.
Rosberg drew attention to his driving style, not once, but twice during the race. TRack stewards investigated both incidents after the race, which took several hours of deliberating and watching TV footage of the incidents, which saw Rosbrg move to the right of the track on the approach to Rrn 4, as he defended his position.
In both cases, Rosberg was deemed not to have swerved or blocked either Hamilton or Alonso, the ruling for the second incident is:
“1. The driver of car eight commenced his move to the right after the exit from turn three and moved to the right in a constant and continuous straight line manner, not making any sudden movements (as evidenced by telemetry and video evidence) and;
2. At the time he commenced his move, car five was behind him and no part of his car was alongside car eight and;
3. The driver of car eight made the move to the right prior to the driver of car five making the same move and;
4. For more than half of the distance travelled by car eight in moving in a straight line towards the right hand edge of the track, car five remained behind car eight and;
5. Because the delta speed between the two cars was quite significant it was difficult for car eight to detect the exact position of car five in relation to his own car;
6. No part of car five was alongside that of car eight.”
But Fernando Alonso is not at all happy with that decision, and speaking to Associated Press after the race, Alonso said:
“Instead of such a wide run -off area (if) there had been a wall, I’m not sure I’d be here now to talk about it.”
He later went on his official Twitter to write the following:
“I think you are going to have fun in future races!” Alonso wrote. “You can defend position as you want and you can overtake outside the track! Enjoy!”